Frequently Asked Questions

Do you allow vehicle storage in large enough units? If so, what sorts of vehicles can be stored in them? 

Yes, while we have large, outdoor spaces for vehicles, you can also store a vehicle, such as a car, motorcycle, moped, or jetski, in your indoor unit. Naturally, it has to fit in the unit. It also must be in running order and have a current registration.

How tall are your storage units?

Most of our storage units are about 8 feet tall, though there are pipes and sprinklers in the ceiling. One of our buildings, in which the units rent for a little more, has 10-foot ceilings.

When can I access my storage unit?

Our gate hours are from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. A few tenants have access until 10 p.m., which we allow on a case-by-case basis. Tenants who loiter or otherwise do not follow the rules while on-site can get their access reduced to office hours. We ask that you respect your fellow tenants, our employees, and the facility.

Do you run discounts or specials on storage units? 

Various discounts may be available at any given time. These include $1.00 for the first month’s rent, the second month at half price, or the third month at half price. To receive these discounts, you’ll need to pay upfront and sign up for autopay. If you pay a year in advance, you get the 13th month for free.

What type of security do your self-storage locations provide?

Our property is walled and fenced and requires a gate code to get in. Each door is individually alarmed and tied to the gate code, giving every unit added security. We have four 24-hour surveillance cameras and plan to add more. We also have a resident manager, so someone is on the property at all times, which not only deters criminals but also means someone is there to respond by calling the police.

Am I required to purchase insurance for my storage unit? 

For this, you have three options.

  1. Purchase insurance through our recommended provider, Deans & Homer. The tenant handles the transaction, and nothing goes through our system.
  2. Get self-storage tenant insurance on your homeowners' or renters' policy. Double-check this with your insurance company, as these types of insurance often don’t protect items you have stored away from home. You may need to add a rider to your policy to cover your storage unit.
  3. Elect to be “self-insured.” This means you assume 100% responsibility for the stuff stored in your unit.

We’ll provide you with an insurance form on which you let us know which avenue you’ve chosen. You’ll initial the type and sign in full at the bottom of the form.

What items cannot be stored?

When you store your stuff in your unit, keep these words in mind: safe and legal. It’s really that simple.

We do not allow unsafe or hazardous materials. These include anything flammable or potentially explosive, including gasoline (except when it’s safe in your vehicle’s tank), fertilizer, or ammunition.

Under “unsafe,” we also include live animals or plants and food. Canned, sealed food is generally all right, but anything open or that can spoil is not. All these items can cause a stench and can attract pests, including bugs and rodents.

Illegal items mean anything that is flat-out illegal, such as various drugs and weapons, and anything that was stolen.

What are your methods of payment? 

We have many acceptable forms of payment. You can come into the office and pay with cash, a check, or a card. If you’re going to pay over the phone, we ask that you fill out our signature form, and then you can do so with a card. You can also pay online or over email with a card.